Who are We?TPSC Mtwara campus is a branch of Tanzania Public Service College which was officially inaugurated by the prime minister honourable Mizengo Peter Pinda on the 23rd November 2009. At its inauguration, it had a total of 261 students with 7 staffs. Currently, it has over 2,000 students with 57 staffs. Initially the campus was aimed at catering the three southern zonal regions (Mtwara, Lindi and Ruvuma) as their geographical and historical background failed to attract people travelling to Dar es Salaam and Tabora to pursue their further studis. Hence Mtwara Campus has been a stepping stone for southern regions people to join to higher studies.
In the mean time, TPSC Mtwara is not only serving the southern regions but all regions in Tanzania. Ita has students comming from almost every regions in Tanzania.
Where are We?TPSC Mtwara campus is locate at the Southern part of tanzania, in Mtwara region, at the Shangani East area, near National housing houses Shangani and Ndanda branch hospital. If you are at the main regional bus stand (or any where around Mtwara town), pick a Bodaboda and ask the driver to bring you to "Chuo cha utumishi mtwara"
The Vision of TPSC is to be a centre of Excellence in public service learning and support for effective public service
The Mission of TPSC is to improve qulity, efficiency and effectiveness of the public service of Tanzania by providing comprehensive training, consultancy and applied research interventions
Our Policy Statement
Our quality policy is to continuously safeguard the highest standard of programmes and services in accordance with internally and externally driven quality specifications
Our Core BusinessOur core business is Public Service training, consultancy and applied research
Our Core FunctionsIn achieving its Vision and fulfilling its Mission, the College will constantly subscribe to the following functions
- Development of skills, knowledge and awareness in management, leadership, administration and office support. This is achieved through delivery of quality, demand-driven and practically oriented training programmes
- Offering advisory services in Public Service Management
- Providing training capacity (volume, range, quality) that meets the public service requirements
- Management and supervising of Public Service Examinations (PSEs)
- Development and delivering short courses aimed at improving systems, structures and processes in the Public Service
- Disseminating knowledge on good Public Service Management through applied research and publication of research findings
- Transforming CSTC and TSC (former) into an effective efficient and professional Public Service Training Agency. This will be achieved, in part, by entering into strategic alliances with public and private training and development institutions and individuals
Our Core Management Principles
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
- Honesty and Integrity
- Team Work
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Mutually beneficial alliances and partnership
- Pursuit of Excellence in Service
- Loyalty to Government
- Respect to the Law and
- Proper use of Information.